Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Acting UP in Seattle

Hi! My name is Carollani and this is my story.

A few months ago, like a lot of other people these days, I lost my job. I found myself at a cross roads and thought long and hard about what my next move would be. Straight out of high school I did what I thought was the smart thing; I went into a commercial art school (The Art Institute of Seattle) and focused on Multimedia and Web Design. I learned a skill set that made me valuable in the market that existed at the time, but while I was doing that I set aside a lot of things that I really loved and had a passion for.

One of those things was acting. I've always loved TV and movies and theater so much, and I've always felt like I had a lot to give as an actress. So now, while the economy is bad and getting worse, while I'm unemployed and uninterested in returning to my previous career, while I'm not getting any younger... I want to act. Specifically in film or TV. Maybe I sound naive, but time will tell, and I invite you to follow along in my journey.

I plan to write about the acting jobs I get, I plan on posting listings for auditions, I plan on blogging on any big entertainment news, and I hope to be able to post clips of myself of things I get into. So, enjoy!

No comments: