Tuesday, March 17, 2009

TV is getting out of Cali

At least 20 pilots are being shot outside of California this pilot season, which is really good news for us folks on the outskirts of the entertainment industry. Hopefully this trend will push the big networks up to Seattle and Vancouver, and maybe give me a chance to get in on the mix.

I know if I am serious about acting I should probably go to LA, like... last week, but until I get a little steam going I will continue to seek out opportunities here in the Northwest. I only wish the city of Seattle made itself a little more welcoming to studio business--I'm looking at YOU Mayor Greg Nickels. California's new budget makes it economically sensible to go elsewhere to shoot. Vancouver, BC is especially alluring because of the currency exchange, says Cynthia Littleton.

Check out the article in Variety!

No comments: