Wednesday, March 18, 2009

SAG Looking at Pact

I don't know if you've heard about he impending SAG strike, but I have mixed feelings about it. I believe that SAG members should be getting a portion of the revenue that online media brings in for the production companies and I hope they resolve the conflict soon, but a strike could be a very good thing for a non-union actress like myself. Heh.

Big stars like Tom Hanks and George Clooney are trying to dissuade SAG from a strike, saying that a recession is not the time to stop actors from working.
"While the rigorous confidentiality required in negotiation settings prevents me from providing a full update here, I want to assure you that we are working deliberately, and with as much haste as possible, to conclude our talks and bring to you, the members, a deal for your ratification," said national interim exec director David White in a message sent to members Tuesday evening.

No comments: